Institute of Petrology, Mineralogy, and Economic Geology Tohoku University, Aobaku, Sendai, 980-8578, Japan
Associate Professor Department of Earth Science, MS 126, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, TX 77005-1892,U.S.A.
Tel.: +1 (713) 348-6304
FAX: +1 (713) 348-5214
Associate Professor of McGill University, Earth & Planetary Sciences, Frank Dawson Adams Building, 3450 University Street, Montreal, Qc, Canada H3A 2A7
phone: +1 (514)398-4402
fax: +1 (514)398-4680
|IMA corresponding member|
|Sergey Krivovichev (since August 2010)|
2. Texture formation and crystal growth in geosciences. Conveners: Michihiko Nakamura, Tohoku Univ., Tadao Nishiyama, Kumamoto univ., and Andrew Putnis, Univ. Münster. 3. Nuclation and aggregation of macro- to nano-materials. Conveners: Lukas Baumgartner, Univ.Lausanne, Masamichi Ishikawa, Tokyo Inst. of Technology.
St Petersburg (Russia)(31 July - 5 August 2007), with the participation of IMA-CMGIP
Organization of the meeting on ’Interface Mineralogy’ (28-30 september 2005)
The commission also wishes to bring to your attention the following events: 1) The 15th International Conference on Crystal Growth (in conjunction with the 13th Conference on Vapor Growth and Epitaxy) will be held on August 12 - 17, 2007, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. Abstract submission will open on January 1st, 2007.
2) An International Symposium on calcite growth and interface processes, organized by students and sponsored by Tohoku University, to be held before March 2007. Further details will follow.
3) The 2nd International Conference on Crystallogenesis and Mineralogy will be held at the Department of Crystallography and Department of Mineralogy of Saint-Petersbourg State University. October 1-5, 2007. Registration will begin on October 1st, 2006. Contact: KM2007@minsoc.ru for further information. Plans were also discussed for some future events:
4) We wish to identify researchers interested in organizing a session related to mineral interface processes at the upcoming Goldschmidt conferences. The 2007 meeting will be held in Cologne, Germany, August 19-24, under the theme "Atoms to Planets". The 2008 Goldscmidt conference ("From Sea to Sky") will take place in Vancouver, Canada, July 13-18.
5) Eugenio Scandale (U. Bari, Italy) offered to lead the planning of an international summer school on "Crystal Growth and Interface Processes" in 2007 or 2008 in Bari, Italy. The project would involve the publication of course notes/chapters as a volume in the EMU Notes series or the MSA Reviews in Mineralogy.
6) Andrew Putnis (U. Muenster, Germany) will act as liaison with the IGC 2008 meeting (Oslo) and organize a session on crystal growth.7) Plans for an eventual 2nd International Symposium on Interface Mineralogy (2009?) were also considered. Andreas Luttge (Rice U., USA) offered to look into the logistics of holding such an event in Houston, USA.